Passing the Civil Service Exam has been quite elusive for many. It also has requirements that many can’t meet especially for the undergraduates and those who haven’t even reached college levels. Passing the exam is one of the requirements for getting a job in any government office but there are special laws now that give exemptions to that requirement which means that under-graduates or even those that didn’t reach college have a chance. The CSC (Civil Service Commission) had approved eleven eligibilities to competent individuals. So, if you’re interested in being a part of government service, check these details and see which suits you.
Pre-Qualify Requirements in Civil Service Eligibility
• Must be a citizen of the Philippines
• Must be 18 yrs. of age or above on the application date
• Has not been terminated from the service for any unpleasant reason
• Has not been found guilty of any offense that is related to the conduct of a civil service exam
• Has not been accused and found guilty of immoral conduct, addiction to drugs, disgracefulness, drunkenness, and dishonesty
Check these 11 civil service eligibilities
- Board / Bar Eligibility – Republic Act No. 1080 states that all those who have passed the board exams conducted by the PRC (Philippine Regulatory Commission) and bar exams conducted by the Supreme Court of the Philippines will be considered eligible automatically. view more here
- Barangay Health Worker Eligibility – According to Republic Act No. 7883, Health Workers in the Barangay will be given eligibility provided that they meet these requirements; view more here
- Must have reached at least 2nd year college with 5 years of satisfactory and active service in the community
- The service given to the community should be voluntary in nature and did not receive any form of compensation. Receiving honorarium is accepted though.
- Must have rendered full-time service for a 5 year minimum period
- Applicant should have the Local Health Board Accreditation before starting the five-year service.
- Health workers under the Contract of Service and Job Order status may qualify in this grant.
3. Barangay Official Eligibility – Under Republic Act No. 7160, Barangay Officials composed of; Barangay Captain, Sangguniang Barangay Members, and the Chairman of the Sangguniang Kabataan will be given eligibility too. Barangay Secretaries and Treasurers are included in the list. view more here
4. Barangay Nutrition Scholar Eligibility – Under Republic Act No. 1569, volunteer workers in barangay offices who meet the qualifications will also be granted eligibility after two yrs. of satisfactory and continuous nutrition and other related services within the barangay. view more here
5. EDPS (Electronic Data Processing Specialist) Eligibility – CSC Resolution No. 90-083 will grant eligibility on individuals that have passed the National Computer Institute-National Computer Center training course on these courses; Computer Programming, Visual Basic, MS Access, and Systems Analysis and Design. view more here
6. Honor Graduate Eligibility – Based on PD No. 907, cum laude, summa cum laude, and magna cum laude graduates of both Private HEIs recognized by the CHED and State Colleges that have been approved by the Board of Trustees will be qualified for eligibility. view more here
7. Foreign School Honor Graduate Eligibility – Under CSC Resolution No. 1302714, Filipino citizens are granted eligibility if they graduated cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude, or its equivalent and in their baccalaureate degree from SY1972-1973 onwards and coming from a reputable school or university in another country and had been verified by the DFA. view more here
8. Scientific and Technological Specialists Eligibility – Under PD No. 997, a Scientific & Technological Specialist with at least a Bachelor’s Degree and able to meet the requirements will be granted eligibility. view more here
There should be 3 yrs. of continuous experience in teaching or research in the applicable field and should have specialized in the following;
- Biological Sciences
- Geological Sciences
Mathematics and Information and Communication Technology
- Applied Mathematics
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Pure Mathematics
- Manufacturing / Biological / Materials / Mechatronics / Geothermal / Nuclear / Computer / Food / Petroleum / Ceramic / Railway / Textile /Industrial
- Environmental Science, Food Science
9. Veteran Preference Rating – Executive Order Nos. 132 series of 1948 and 790 series of 1982, grants eligibility to a certified Veteran of the World War II, spouse, and children who had missed not more than ten points in any of the following examinations; Career Service Sub-Professional and Professional Examination, Penology Officer Examination, and Fire Officer Examination. view more here
10. Sanggunian Member Eligibility – RA No. 10156 grants this eligibility to the Sanggunian Members who got elected after the Local Government Code of 1991 took effect. The members of the Sangguniang Bayan, Sangguniang Panlungsod, and Sangguniang Panlalawigan will also be given this eligibility. view more here
11. Skill Eligibility – Under CSC MC No. 11 series of 1996, positions that aren’t measured through a written test will be CSC eligible. These are; automotive mechanic, laboratory technician, draftsman, plant electrician, shrine curator, plumber, carpenter, heavy equipment operator, among others. view more here
There will be 2 stages in granting the eligibility to the qualified individuals and these are the Assessment of Application wherein they will be checking if you have the complete and authenticated requirements followed by the Processing of Eligibility Certificate.
Should you find yourself qualified, submit the requirements to the Civil Service Office nearest you where you can get your CSC Eligibility Certificate. You can also check out the requirements and qualifications on their official website. If you think you’re qualified, this is your chance to have a career in government service.