Home Government Services DFA How to Get DFA Red Ribbon Authentication for your Diploma, TOR, Form 137

How to Get DFA Red Ribbon Authentication for your Diploma, TOR, Form 137

How to Get DFA Red Ribbon Authentication for your Diploma, TOR, Form 137
Sponsored Links

A DFA ‘Red Ribbon’ is the unofficial term used for “DFA Authentication” process when applying for work abroad. You need this kind of authentication which proves that you went to school. In applying for work abroad, one of the most important documents you need to submit is your TOR or Transcript of Records. Submitting this proves that you graduated from college or a university. Jobs like a manager, accountant, nurse, doctor, engineer, and architect are the typical job openings which look for Transcript of Records as one of the requirements. Skilled workers applicants for sales, F&B, and more need not apply for this.

DFA Requirements and Getting Your TOR or Transcript of Records Authenticated by the Registrar’s Office

  • Bring three photocopies of your Transcript of Records (TOR)
  • Request for Certification of True Copies of your TOR from the School’s Registrar’s
  • Fill out the form for Authentication and Registration
  • Fill out other forms presented to you
  • Go to the registrar’s office and pay for the fees
  • Once you’ve finished filling up your requirements and forms, request and claim your Transcript of Records that have been certified
  • You must now go to the CHED Office
  • Submit your Certified TOR for ‘Red Ribbon’ Authentication
  • Fill up all the forms given by the CHED representative
  • Pay the necessary fees and get your receipt
  • Get your claim stub which states the release schedule of your DFA Red Ribbon
  • Claim your ‘Red Ribbon’ documents on the date given

What are the Other Steps that Some Countries Require?

  • Authenticated documents from the UAE embassy for UAE job applicants

Other Tips when Applying for Work Abroad

  • Don’t use fake documents
  • Ask for the assistance of legit recruitment agencies to help you with your ‘Red Ribbon’ authentication process
  • Have your documents certified to improve your chances of getting hired

List of acceptable ID’s for authentication application and certificate verification

Government Issued IDs:

  • Passport
  • SSS ID
  • GSIS E-Card
  • PRC ID
  • IBP ID
  • Senior Citizen’s ID
  • Voter’s ID
  • Digitized Postal ID

Other acceptable IDs:

  • School (Elementary, High School, College) ID
  • Alumni ID
  • Employment ID

For more details and information you may contact DFA or visit:

For Passport, Authentication, & Other Consular Inquiries Call Hotline/Trunkline

556 0000
651 9400
234 3488

DFA Home Office
2330 Roxas Boulevard
Pasay City
Metro Manila, Philippines

Office of Consular Affairs
Bradco Avenue, corner
Macapagal Boulevard
ASEANA Business Park
Paranaque City, Metro Manila

(02) 834-3000
(02) 834-4000

Sponsored Links


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here