As a responsible driver, it is important to ensure that your vehicle is registered with the Land Transportation Office (LTO) and that its license plates are in good standing. In case you need to check the plate number of a vehicle, whether it is your own or someone else’s, you can do so easily by following these steps:
- Visit the LTO website – The LTO has an online platform that allows you to access various services, including plate number verification. To get started, visit their official website at www.lto.gov.ph.
- Look for the plate number verification page – On the homepage, you will see a menu bar that contains various tabs. Click on the “Motor Vehicle” tab, then select “License Plate Verification” from the dropdown menu. This will take you to a new page that has a search bar.
- Enter the plate number – On the search bar, type in the plate number that you want to verify. Make sure that you input the correct plate number and do not leave out any characters.
- Click “Search” – After you have inputted the plate number, click on the “Search” button to begin the verification process. The website will then display information about the vehicle, including its make, model, year, and registration status.
- Verify the information – Review the information provided by the website and make sure that everything is correct. If there are discrepancies, it is best to contact the LTO for further assistance.
Take note of the information – Once you have verified the information, take note of it and keep it for future reference. This will come in handy if you need to prove that your vehicle is registered and its license plates are in good standing.
In conclusion, checking the plate number of a vehicle is an easy process that you can do online through the LTO website. By following the steps outlined above, you can quickly verify the registration status of a vehicle and ensure that you are driving a legally registered car.
Check through text messaging;
You can also check LTO plate number also via text message, Here’s how to check your LTO plate number, you have the option to text LTO. Open up your phone and your text messaging app. Send the message “LTO VEHICLE [your vehicle’s plate number]” to 2600 just like this one “LTO VEHICLE ABC312.” The number you messaged should send you details about your car as well as verify your plate number. Take note SMS may charge around P2.50.