Many OFWs are able to bring their families with them to other countries while they are working. It is the same for OFWs working in the United Arab Emirates. Are you one of those people and do you have kids who still need to go to school when you bring them with you? If you are then you must follow these steps to enroll your kid/s in private schools.
Children of expats need to go to private schools because public schools in the UAE are exclusively for Emiratis. Most of these private schools use English as their main language. Here are some tips on how you can apply your kid/s to school.
Enrolling process in UAE
There are three school terms in the UAE. These are Autumn which starts from the middle of September to the middle of December. The second one is spring which starts from the beginning of January to the beginning of April, and summer which starts from the middle of April to the beginning of July. Most of the schools in UAE opens at 8:00 am to 2:00 pm or 3:00 pm from Sunday until Thursday.
What are the prerequisites?
- Must be 3 to 18 years old
- Must be a UAE resident
What are the documents you need to submit?
- School Application Form
- 8 copies of a passport-sized photo of your kid
- Your passport and residence visa
- Your kid’s passport and his/her residence visa
- Your kid’s resident ID
- Your kid’s Birth Certificate (English/Arabic)
- Diagnostic Test
- Educational Assessment
- School records for the past 2 years
- Medical records of your kid
- Immunization record of your kid
- Certificate of School Transfer (English/Arabic) for ages 5 and above
- Go to the school and fill out the application form
- Alternately, you can register your kid online
- Submit to assessments tests including English, Science, and Math
- Pay the necessary fees
- Submit all the required documents upon acceptance
- Choose a school which is accredited by the Philippine in case there’s a possibility your kid will still study in the country
- Apply as early as you can because there are long waiting lists in private schools
- Prepare the requirements before applying
- How to Apply to CHED Scholarship Program
- Megaworld Foundation Scholarship Application Process and Requirements
Kindly visit this KHDA website for more information regarding enrolling your children in UAE schools.