Home Jobs MMDA Summer Jobs Opening for Students at Minimum Wage of P537 per Day

MMDA Summer Jobs Opening for Students at Minimum Wage of P537 per Day

MMDA Summer Jobs Opening for Students at Minimum Wage of P537 per Day
Sponsored Links

Manila, Philippines – The youths this summer are given a tempting offer by the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority or MMDA. Those young people between 17 to 25 years old can apply for the jobs being offered by the government agency. These jobs are ongoing the whole summer and lucky students will receive Php537 per day which is the minimum salary rate in the country. This is a practical and economical way to earn and save for the summer.

image credit: Manila Bulletin

Radyo Inquirer reports that MMDA Spokesperson Celine Pialago announced the MMDA summer jobs offerings from the government agency last March 10, 2019 (Sunday). She mentioned that this isn’t the first time that the MMDA offered summer jobs to students. Three years ago, when she first worked for the government agency, there were already summer jobs that if offered. As said, under the Special Program for Employment of Students or SPES, a summer job from this government agency is Php537 per day.

The 60% of the salary of the students will come from MMDA and the remaining 40% will come from the Department of Labor and Employment which pushed this initiative. This summer, some 250 students will be chosen as SPES interns. The job descriptions will range from Administrative to clerical. Applications are open to High School students and college students.

Pialago clarified that the SPES interns won’t be manning the traffic of Metro Manila. She added that to be a traffic enforcer, an applicant needs 3 months of training. Aside from the office jobs they might get into, they might be included in clearing operations to familiarize them on how MMDA functions. The internship program will last for a month.

You may also want to read:

Students who want to apply may go to the MMDA office in Makati City. Applicants must bring their report cards, school registration forms, and photocopy of birth certificate. If you’re a student, take this chance to work for a government agency so you’ll have an idea if you want to continue with a career in the government when you graduate from college. This exposure can also help you and sharpen you as you grow older and graduate from school.

Sponsored Links


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here