The National Bureau of Investigation is an agency under the Department of Justice. The NBI holds office in the Philippines. It’s responsible for investigating some of the most high profile cases in the country. It’s not easy to apply to the agency. In fact, there are several requirements you should meet if you’re interested in applying.
The NBI prefers lawyers, CPAs, law enforcers or accountants. They hire other courses but within the same area as mentioned above. They hire applicants that have clean records or passed the NBI clearance. Applicants must also have technical skills to get hired.
Though the agency prefers lawyers and CPAs, they still hire NBI staff who aren’t the two. To add, you can apply as an Entry-level special investigator. NBI hire them because working for the agency requires lots of investigative work. Training for NBI involves knowledge in foreign language and excellent criminal case skills. In short, you need to be tough if you want to be part of NBI.
NBI Application Requirements
- Must be a Filipino citizen with good moral character
- Must be in excellent mental, physical, and psychological health
- Must have a baccalaureate degree
- Must be a board passer or a first grade Civil Service Exam passer
- Must have a general average of 84% in school
- Must have no failing grade
- Must be between 25-35 years old
- At least 5’5′ in height for males and 5’3″ in height for females
- Must have a good eyesight
- Must have no criminal, civil, and/or administrative record, cases, and charges
- Must not be convicted of any crime
- Must have no tattoo/s or body piercing
- Birth Certificate
- College Diploma
- Transcript of Records (ToR)
- Eligibility (Bar, PRC or Civil Service)
- Marriage Contract (if applicable)
- Certificate of Residency
- Photo with a white background (2 pieces)
- NBI clearance
- Income Tax Return (ITR), if applicable
NBI Agent Salary and Benefits
Entry-level NBI agents can get Php18,000 a month while Special Investigators get a Php32,000. Older NBI Agents can get Php37,000. NBI Agents can also get benefits like 13th-month pay. They have GSIS, Philhealth, and Pagbig HDMF.
Where to Apply
You can apply at their main office. Their main office is Taft Avenue, Ermita, Manila. Proceed to the Personnel Department of the agency to apply. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries and other concerns.
What to Expect?
Like with any other job application, getting in the agency will require you to do your best. You will undergo a series of tests, interviews, and exams. This might intimidate you but in every success, there is hard work. You must remember to do your best to get hired by the agency.
Joining the NBI may not be as easy as 1-2-3 but if you think it’s your calling then you have nothing to lose. Go ahead and try applying, you might be lucky or this may be your destiny! Good luck and don’t forget to work hard on achieving your dreams.