If you’re a 3rd yr. college student who’s taking up a course in the fields of science and technology and would need additional finances and resources, the JLSS (Junior Level Science Scholarship) 2019 Program is the answer. This program was created to help finance deserving and brilliant students and to make sure that there is a sufficient supply of qualified science and technology personnel that can help out in the progress of the country. This will help the young dreamers in fulfilling their goals in the future.
Privileges of JLSS DOST scholarship
- Php7,000 monthly allowance
- Php10,000/yr. book allowance
- Php40,000/academic year tuition and school fees
- Premium group insurance
- Php1,000 PE/MS uniform (1st semester fo 1st only)
- Trasnportation allowance (for students who live in the provinces that doesn’t have the study center – 1 one round trip fare)
- If summer is required;
*Php1,500 tuition and school fees
*Php500 book allowance and an OR should be submitted
*Php7,000 monthly allowance (2 mos.)
- Php1,000 post graduate allowance
- RA 7687 – Republic Act No. 7687, otherwise known as “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994” aims to give scholarships to brilliant students who belong in families that do not excedd the cut off indicators. The qualifiers in this program should pursue courses related in the areas of engineering, basic sciences, mathematics and science and other applied sciences.
- MERIT – formerly known as the NSTA or NSDB scholarship and given to students who have a high aptitude in mathematics and science and dreams of pursuing a career in the areas of science and technology.
- RA 10612 – an act that is dedicated in strengthening science and technology education through fast-tracking engineering, mathematics, and science graduates who teach math and science in secondary schools in the country.
DOST JLSS Qualifications
- Filipino citizen by birth
- Poor but talented students who belong in the socio economic group that does not eaxceed certain indicators (for RA 7687)
- Regular incoming 3rd student
- Has a general weighted average of not lower than 83% in first and second year of study
- With good moral character
- Good health
- Must be a resident of the municipalty for at least 4 years and must be attested by the chairman of the barangay
- Have qualified in the JLSS Examination
- Centers of Development or CHED identified Centers of Excellence
- State Universities and Colleges
- Institutionz that have FAAP Level III Accommodation
- Other tertiary institutions that have programs that are CHED-compliant
How to Apply DOST Junior Level Science Scholarship
Interested applicants may get the application forms at the Science Edcuation Institute, 2nd Level, Science Heritage Bldg., DOST Compd., General Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City, Regional Offices of the DOST, Office of the Senators and Congressmen and Provincial Science and Technology Centers. The forms can also be downloaded from their website.
Don’t forget ot bring all the required documents. Test permit will be mailed to the school principal that had been assigned for the distribution or in the applicants address. If the test permit is undelivered within one week prior to the examination date, the applicant should inquire at the Regional office of the DOST or at the nearest designated testing center.
You can start filing your application for the Junior Level Science Scholarship 2019 now. Deadline will be on the 26th of April, 2019.
The examination date is set on June 2, 2019. All inquiries and concerns should be directed to the S & T Scholarship Division with landline nos. (02)8371333 / (02)8372071 loc. 2382 and mobile nos. 09278868816 or at theor email add; [email protected]