Good news to those who are aspiring to take advantage of the PhilFrance scholarship program. The French Embassy announced that they are starting to accept applications for academic year 2019-2020. The lucky ones who get chosen will not only have a subsidy on their tuition fee but will also receive a stipend of Php41,000-62,000 while they are studying in France.
Deserving Filipino professionals and students who wish to have a Master’s or Doctorate Degree in their chosen fields will be receiving subsidy under this scholarship program. The scholarship grant will be given to candidates that are highly qualified and have a strong scholastic and leadership qualities in their professional and academic activities.
PhilFrance scholarship package includes;
- Tuition fee for the whole period of the scholarship program
For government run universities:
There will be an exemption from the registration fee (texonération des frais d’inscription à l’université)
*Registration fee (February 2019) – €3 770/academic year for both the Master’s and Doctorate levels
For higher education French institutions:
*The subsidy for partial tuition fee is of €5 000/ academic year and can’t be converted to cash. It will be directly paid to the institution.
- There will be Php41,000 allowance per month for those taking Master’s Degree while Php62,000 will be the allowance per month for those taking PhD. There will also be an installation allowance amounting to Php41,000.
- There will also be a healthcare package and priority admission to public student pass for the duration of the academic program.
PhilFrance scholarship Qualifications
- Filipino citizen that is residing in the Philippines during the time of application (Graduating students or graduates from a higher education institution in the Philippines)
- For Master’s degree programs applicants, they should be graduates of a Bachelor’s Degree or students in their last college year.
- For PhD applicants, they should be have a Master’s Degree or in their last college year.
Earning a Master’s Degree or PhD from a French university
- There are online tools that are available in finding graduate programs that are taught in English. These can be found in the Other sources section.
- Technical and vocational disciplines like fashion design and culinary arts are ineligible.
- Foreign higher universities that are based in France are not entitled for the scholarship.
You may read also:
- Application for CHED Scholarship this SY 2019-2020 Is Now Open
- Megaworld Foundation Scholarship Application Process and Requirements
PhilFrance scholarship Application Requirements
- 1 page CV with detailed academic, leadership, and professional skill
- Submit an essay not more than 500 words; stating your reason for applying and desiring to study in France. You should also explain how the experience and degree will have a positive effect to your country and society. Take note that if your essay is more than the word limit, it will not be accepted and so is your application. They want an academic essay and not a cover letter.
- An official copy of most recent academic transcripts with university level grades
- Acceptance letter or a proof of completed application to other graduate degree programs that had been issued by a French university that you have applied.
- Proof of financial funds such the income tax return
*(Optional) Acknowledgement of application that have not been funded by the government of France
*(Optional) French proficiency test
Documents should be in PDF format except the essay which should be submitted as a Word document. Reduce size of PDF. Don’t submit documents that are not requested by the Embassy. Make sure all documents are complete before submitting to the Embassy because if the instructions are not followed, the application will be discarded.
Applications should be submitted through www.philfrance-scholarships.com. The deadline of submitting application is on April 30, 2019 (Tuesday) at 4:00pm. You can email inquiries at email@example.com.