You need your own BIR ID if you’re a new graduate and you seek employment, you’re opening a business or you’re getting into any transaction which needs verification that you’re paying taxes properly. The BIR TIN is one of the most important IDs that Filipinos have and this card won’t expire. The BIR TIN ID Card is ow easy to apply for. Just follow these easy steps, whether online or in person and you’ll get your own ID.
What are the BIR Digitized TIN ID requirements?
- Philippine Statistics Authority Birth Certificate
- One Valid ID
What are the Steps in Getting a Digitized BIR TIN ID in Person?
- Visit your nearest BIR office and bring the necessary identifications and other requirements with you
- Get a TIN application form and fill it up
- Together with your requirements, submit your application form
- Get a Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Get a physical TIN ID
*The duration of the application process may take one hour though it depends on how busy the office is. There is a possibility that the ID will be released the next day.
How Can Unemployed People Get a TIN ID
Anyone above 18 years old can get a TIN including Filipinos who are unemployed. Under E.O. 98, you can get a Tin ID even if you are unemployed if you are going to use it to transact with any government office.
- Go to the BIR having jurisdiction of the place you live in
- Fill-out the BIR 1904 Form
- Bring your Birth Certificate with you when you apply for this Form
- Accomplish the form and together with your Birth Certificate, submit it to the authorized personnel
- Wait for issuance date
Question: What and how to get TIN ID with existing tin number?
*NOTE: Please take note that BIR checks its database if the person applying doesn’t have an existing TIN ID. Having a dual or more TIN ID is prohibited by the law. It is also punishable under the National Internal Revenue Code of 1997.
How to get TIN ID card online
BIR offers an easier way to get a TIN ID and this is through their eReg websites https://ereg.bir.gov.ph and efps.bir.gov.ph. These websites feature services like application for TIN ID, Registration Fee payment, and an application for Certificate of Registration. Applicants need to have a valid email address and register with the websites. The email address is where the BIR will send the Tax Identification Number, status of registration, and confirmation.
- Visit any of the websites stated above and go to the eReg page
- Fill out the information details
- Click submit once you’ve completed filling it up and double checked your information
- Check your email regularly for an alert on the issuance of your TIN ID
*Note: Please take note that you only have to register once.
Lost TIN ID or Replacement
- You must file for an Affidavit of Loss if you lost it. Both lost and for replacement of TIN ID must be applied for in the RDO office of the applicant.
- This is where your BIR TIN is registered. Form 1905 must be filled out and attach necessary requirements for the application.
TIN ID for Foreigners and OCWs
- Go to your designated BIR office and fill out Form 1902
- Submit the form together with the necessary documents
BIR Form 1902 is for foreigners who are earning her earning here in the country as well as seamen with incomes from a foreign source.