Sponsored Links
Home OFW The Highest Well Paying Jobs for OFWs

The Highest Well Paying Jobs for OFWs

14749
High-paying jobs for OFWs
Sponsored Links

Many Filipinos believed that working in foreign countries is the only way to give their families in the Philippines a better life and future. But we all know that being an OFW entails a lot of sacrifices and being away from the family and loved ones for years. Still, many are getting their way to leave the country and work abroad.

The Philippines provides the biggest supply of skilled professionals and manpower to the different parts of the world. Many Filipino professionals were enticed to work overseas because of the appealing career path and better employment. Every year, hundreds of Filipino skilled workers and professionals have been applying for work abroad.

Based on the data provided by the Philippine Statistics Authority, as of September 2018, the number of OFWs working anywhere in the world was approximately 2.3 million. The Overseas Contract Workers comprise 96.2% and the remaining 3.8% are working without a contract.

High-paying jobs for OFWs

According to the latest survey, the most compensated job of OFWs is in the field of healthcare including nurses, pediatricians, doctors, and veterinarians. Other industries that offer a high salary for OFWs in the Middle East are in engineering, restaurant service, and general work.

In the Asia-Pacific region, skilled workers are in-demand that include carpenters, caretakers, and household service workers. IT professionals are highly needed in Malaysia. In manufacturing/production industry, technical operators and technicians are needed. In fact, Japan and Taiwan are continuously hiring welders, machine operators, and factory workers.

See also: Things to Remember by an OFW Returning For Work

In the United States, most sought jobs are in the engineering, restaurant service, sea-based engineering, and general work industry.

As of 2018, the top 10 countries where OFWs were deployed include Taiwan, Malaysia, USA, New Zealand, Bahrain, Oman, UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar. Saudi Arabia has the greatest number of OFWs being deployed by the POEA.

Other countries Filipinos aspire to work are Macau, South Korea, Bahrain, Japan, Canada, Europe, Australia, and Singapore.

Estimated number of Filipinos overseas for the semester ending June 2015:

Region 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
Americas 3,896,853 4,111,095 3,908,601 4,107,543 4,146,066 3,750,388
Asia and Pacific 1,675,507 1,973,224 2,028,396 2,046,145 1,974,831 1,497,859
Europe 715,627 746,701 782,878 768,999 743,826 433,918
Middle East and Africa 2,868,272 2,681,130 2,050,475 2,169,992 2,205,706 2,297,551
Total 9,156,259 9,512,150 8,770,350 9,092,679 9,070,429 7,979,716

Top 25 countries with the highest number of overseas Filipinos (Based on July to December 2014 report)

United States of America 3,353,891
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 938,490
Canada 676,775
Malaysia 620,043
United Arab Emirates 541,593
Japan 313,588
Australia 304,093
Italy 299,787
China 229,638
Singapore 200,000
United Kingdom 200,000
Qatar 198,000
Kuwait 187,067
Bahrain 158,644
Taiwan 115,055
Puerto Rico 91,620
Greece 61,681
Republic of Korea 52,379
France 44,967
New Zealand 41,146
Oman 39,483
Jordan 28,676
Lebanon 27,812
Spain 26,946
Israel 25,000

source

Finding a job in foreign countries is not easy. It takes a lot of preparation, resources, and effort. Applicants need to deal with the difficult and tedious process. That’s why if you are planning to work abroad you should know where your profession and skills are in demand.

Your skills and expertise partly determine your career path. You can use your skills to find a high-paying job either local or overseas.

See also: Proposed Bill: Spouses of OFWs to Considered as Solo Parents and Entitled for Benefits

However, before making your decision to work in a foreign land you need to think about the cost of living and not just the salary. That’s why if you’re earning a 6-digit salary in the Philippines, you should think many times before deciding to work abroad. Keep in mind that working as an OFW is just a short-term goal. As much as possible, you must save a lot or start a business while you’re still an OFW. This way, you will have a fall back once you retire as an overseas worker.

Sponsored Links

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here