The Civil Service Commission or CSC schedules several exams each year for Filipino citizens who wish to get into government office. Passing the Civil Service Exam will allow you to work for a good position in the Philippine government. A position in the Philippine government comes with many benefits like GSIS and PAGIBIG membership, allowances and more. Here are the steps and requirements in getting a schedule and taking the exam;
Who is eligible to take this Civil Service Examination?
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Must be of good moral character
- Must have no criminal record
- Must not be terminated from any government position or ‘dishonorably discharged from the military’
- Must have not taken the Civil Service Exam in the last three months
Civil Service Examination Requirements
- Filled out CS Form No.100 (Application form)
- 4 copies of passport photo with handwritten of full name
- Original and photocopy of any valid IDs
- SSS ID
- GSIS ID
- Driver’s License
- Philhealth ID
- Company ID
- School ID
- Postal ID
- BIR ID
- Barangay ID
- Voter’s ID
- Valid Passport
- Police Clearance
How to Apply Civil Service Exam?
- Go to the Civil Service Commission (CSC) website and download the application form.
- Submit the properly filled out form and wait to be assessed
- Pay the examination fee at the cashier
You will be given your schedule after payment. Go to the designated testing center on your scheduled date. Don’t be late and bring your Examination slip with you. The result of the exams will be posted online. Taking the Civil Service Exam and passing it is a stepping stone if you want to have a career in the government.